Explore Our Parks!
Year 'round outdoor fun
in Central New York!
Onondaga County boasts some of the best trout, walleye and carp fishing in the Northeast, perfect for novice and seasoned anglers alike.
- The Best Day Ever The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is home to over 700 animals including, Asian Elephants, Amur Tigers, Snow Leopards, Humboldt Penguins, and many more.
- Get on Board! Nothing says summer like a day at the ball park and NBT Bank Stadium has everything the big leagues have minus the big league prices!
- Horseback Heaven Head into the woods of Highland Forest on horseback! Rides are available weekends thru June 24 then daily (except Mon.) until October 28 but reservations are a must.
- The Salt City! Discover how salt helped build Syracuse/Onondaga County. Visit the Salt Museum in Onondaga Lake Park, now open weekends.
- Summer's Here! The sandy beaches and cool water await you at Jamesville Beach and Oneida Shores, now open weekends & Memorial Day. Season passes available.
- Make a Difference Volunteering at your favorite park is a great way to serve our community. Click here to learn about opportunities.
- Camp Beaver Lake Give your child an unforgettable summer, the great outdoors, a chance to make new friends and non-stop fun. Registration now open!
- Kayak & Canoe Enjoy a leisurely paddle across Beaver Lake. Rentals available weekends thru June 24 then daily to Labor Day.
- Thank you Onondaga County Parks honors veterans and active military, year round, with free admission to various parks, beaches and the zoo.
- Dinosaur Invasion This display of over a dozen life-like animatronic dinosaurs will inhabit zoo grounds from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
Summer is Coming!
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Assistive Listening
- Sign Language Interpretation