Explore Our Parks!
Take advantage of the great central New York Outdoors
Onondaga County boasts some of the best trout, walleye and carp fishing in the Northeast, perfect for novice and seasoned anglers alike.
- The Best Day Ever! The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is home to over 700 animals including, Asian Elephants, Amur Tigers, Snow Leopards, Humboldt Penguins, and many more.
- Enjoy Yourself From archery to wellness programs, we've got activities & programs for everyone, including your four legged friends!
- Canoe & Kayak Get out on the water! The canoe/kayak dock is open daily, with rentals available, until Labor Day at Beaver Lake!
- Horseback Heaven Head into the woods of Highland Forest on horseback! Rides are now available but reservations are a must.
- The Salt City! Discover how salt helped build Syracuse/Onondaga County. Visit the Salt Museum in Onondaga Lake Park, now open weekends.
- Celebrate Fall! This long running country fair-style event features live music, contests & games, hayrides, canoeing/kayaking, artists & crafters, food and more!