Explore Our Parks!
Year 'round outdoor fun
in Central New York!
- Take a Book... Leave a Book! Nothing like a day outside with a good book. Visitors can now do both thanks to the new book exchange program at our parks.
- The Dinos are Here! This display of over a dozen life-like animatronic dinosaurs will inhabit zoo grounds from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
- Daily Animal Demos Don't miss the Zoo's Predator & Prey shows, camel demos, penguin and primate keeper chats, training with Moakler the elephant barn dog and more!
- Get on the Water! Enjoy a leisurely paddle across Beaver Lake, explore Onondaga Lake or head out to the beaches. A variety of rentals are available at each park.
- Horseback Heaven Head into the woods of Highland Forest on horseback! Rides are available daily thru September 2, then Friday-Sunday until October 28, but reservations are a must.
- Get on Board! Nothing says summer like a day at the ball park and NBT Bank Stadium has everything the big leagues have minus the big league prices!
Catch a Big One!
Onondaga County boasts some of the best trout, walleye and carp fishing in the Northeast, perfect for novice and seasoned anglers alike.
- The Salt City! Discover how salt helped build Syracuse/Onondaga County. Visit the Salt Museum in Onondaga Lake Park, now open weekends.
- Thank you Onondaga County Parks honors veterans and active military, year round, with free admission to various parks, beaches and the zoo.
- A Family Getaway! Create an overnight adventure at beautiful Oneida Shores Park and enjoy your choice of over 50 shaded lake view campsites.
- Make a Difference Volunteering at your favorite park is a great way to serve our community. Click here to learn about opportunities.
- Ride the Tram! Enjoy a ride along Onondaga Lake on this electric, solar powered vehicle which offers a comfortable, environmentally-friendly ride for all. Runs Monday-Friday, except holidays.
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Assistive Listening
- Sign Language Interpretation