Explore Our Parks!
Year 'round outdoor fun
in Central New York!
- This Saturday! Celebrate our amazing red pandas while helping support global awareness and conservation of this endangered species!
- This Saturday! The largest animal rescue event in the northeast. Over 50 rescue organizations, music, food, fun. Free admission!
- Take a Book... Leave a Book! Nothing like a day outside with a good book. Visitors can now do both thanks to the new book exchange program at our parks.
- Honeywell Sportsmen's Days Created as a tribute to National Hunting and Fishing Day, this annual event on September 28 & 29 features a variety of outdoor activities for all ages.
- All Fun & Spooky! Now in its 3rd year, the fall edition of this popular program will be held on Saturday, October 5. Ages 12 & up welcome. Register your team today!
Catch a Big One!
Onondaga County boasts some of the best trout, walleye and carp fishing in the Northeast, perfect for novice and seasoned anglers alike.
- Help Wanted! We need Lights on the Lake costumed characters and have a variety of part-time maintenance positions available at all parks. Click here for details.
- The Salt City! We are all about salt in Syracuse. Visit this unique museum in Onondaga Lake Park and learn why! Now open weekends.
- Thank you Onondaga County Parks honors veterans and active military, year round, with free admission to various parks, beaches and the zoo.
- Ride the Tram! Enjoy a ride along Onondaga Lake on this electric, solar powered vehicle which offers a comfortable, environmentally-friendly ride for all. Runs Monday-Friday, except holidays.
- Make a Difference Volunteering at your favorite park is a great way to serve our community. Click here to learn about opportunities.
We love... FALL!
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Assistive Listening
- Sign Language Interpretation