Explore Our Parks!
Take advantage of the great central New York Outdoors
Onondaga County boasts some of the best trout, walleye and carp fishing in the Northeast, perfect for novice and seasoned anglers alike.
- The Best Day Ever! The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is home to over 700 animals including, Asian Elephants, Amur Tigers, Snow Leopards, Humboldt Penguins, and many more.
- Enjoy Yourself From archery to wellness programs, we've got activities & programs for everyone, including your four legged friends!
- Horseback Heaven Head into the woods of Highland Forest on horseback! Rides are now available but reservations are a must.
- The Salt City! Discover how salt helped build Syracuse/Onondaga County. Visit the Salt Museum in Onondaga Lake Park, now open weekends.
- "Yum"kin Pancakes! Beaver Lake Nature Center hosts the only Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast for the season on Saturday, October 8. Don't miss it!
- Join our EMS Team! The Parks Emergency Services Team is looking for new members. Our primary responsibility is to provide emergency medical services to the general public for events large and small held in various County Parks.
- Enchanted Beaver Lake CNY's most unique and popular non-scary, halloween program returns October 27-30. This event WILL sell out. Get your parking ticket today!
Fun in the Fall
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Assistive Listening
- Sign Language Interpretation