Explore Our Parks!
Year 'round outdoor fun
in Central New York!
- Take a Book... Leave a Book! Nothing like a day outside with a good book. Visitors can now do both thanks to the new book exchange program at our parks.
- It's Beach Season! Fun in the sun awaits you at Jamesville Beach and Oneida Shores, now open daily. Season passes available.
- Let's Go Mets! It's a whole new ball game at NBT Bank Stadium with the Syracuse Mets taking the field for the first time ever! Don't miss a minute!
- Get on the Water! Boat and other on-water rentals are available at Beaver Lake, Jamesville Beach, Oneida Shores and Onondaga Lake Park. Click here for dates, prices & more.
- Horseback Heaven Head into the woods of Highland Forest on horseback! Rides now available Friday-Sunday but reservations are a must!
Catch a Big One!
Onondaga County boasts some of the best trout, walleye and carp fishing in the Northeast, perfect for novice and seasoned anglers alike.
- They're here... Seven giant animatronic insects have descended on the Rosamond Gifford Zoo for a summer-long exhibit on the zoo’s Wildlife Trail.
- The Salt City! We are all about salt in Syracuse. Visit this unique museum in Onondaga Lake Park and learn why! Now open weekends.
- Camp Beaver Lake Give your child an unforgettable summer, the great outdoors, a chance to make new friends and non-stop fun. Registration now open.
- Thank you Onondaga County Parks honors veterans and active military, year round, with free admission to various parks, beaches and the zoo.
- Ride the Tram! Enjoy a ride along Onondaga Lake on this electric, solar powered vehicle which offers a comfortable, environmentally-friendly ride for all. Runs Monday-Friday, except holidays.
- Make a Difference Volunteering at your favorite park is a great way to serve our community. Click here to learn about opportunities.
Here comes Summer!
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Assistive Listening
- Sign Language Interpretation