Explore Our Parks!
Take advantage of the great central New York Outdoors
Onondaga County boasts some of the best trout, walleye and carp fishing in the Northeast, perfect for novice and seasoned anglers alike.
- The Best Day Ever! The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is home to over 700 animals including, Asian Elephants, Amur Tigers, Snow Leopards, Humboldt Penguins, and many more.
- Enjoy Yourself From archery to wellness programs, we've got activities & programs for everyone, including your four legged friends!
- Get on Board! Nothing says summer like a day at the ball park and NBT Bank Stadium has everything the big leagues have minus the big league prices!
- Canoe & Kayak Get out on the water! The canoe/kayak dock is open daily, with rentals available, until Labor Day at Beaver Lake!
- Horseback Heaven Head into the woods of Highland Forest on horseback! Rides are now available but reservations are a must.
- Celebrate Fall! This long running country fair-style event features live music, contests & games, hayrides, canoeing/kayaking, artists & crafters, food and more!
- Join our EMS Team! The Parks Emergency Services Team is looking for new members. Our primary responsibility is to provide emergency medical services to the general public for events large and small held in various County Parks.
Fun in the Summer
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Assistive Listening
- Sign Language Interpretation