Explore Our Parks!
Year 'round outdoor fun
in Central New York!
- Honeywell Sportsmen's Days Created as a tribute to National Hunting and Fishing Day, this annual event on September 22 & 23 features a variety of outdoor activities for all ages.
- Big Kids Only... Now in it's 2nd year, the fall edition of this popular program will be held on Saturday, October 13 and is part golf, part bocce, part bowling...All fun & spooky! Register your team today!
- Take a Book... Leave a Book! Nothing like a day outside with a good book. Visitors can now do both thanks to the new book exchange program at our parks.
- Horseback Heaven Head into the woods of Highland Forest on horseback! Rides are available Friday-Sunday until October 28, but reservations are a must.
Catch a Big One!
Onondaga County boasts some of the best trout, walleye and carp fishing in the Northeast, perfect for novice and seasoned anglers alike.
- The Salt City! Discover how salt helped build Syracuse/Onondaga County. Visit the Salt Museum in Onondaga Lake Park, now open weekends.
- Thank you Onondaga County Parks honors veterans and active military, year round, with free admission to various parks, beaches and the zoo.
- Make a Difference Volunteering at your favorite park is a great way to serve our community. Click here to learn about opportunities.
- Ride the Tram! Enjoy a ride along Onondaga Lake on this electric, solar powered vehicle which offers a comfortable, environmentally-friendly ride for all. Runs Monday-Friday, except holidays.
- A Family Getaway! Create an overnight adventure at beautiful Oneida Shores Park and enjoy your choice of over 50 shaded lake view campsites.
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Assistive Listening
- Sign Language Interpretation