Welcome to the Rosamond Gifford Zoo Ticket Information Site. We know how excited you are to be able to visit the zoo and this page is your guide to purchasing tickets.
- All visitors, including complimentary military & zoo members will be admitted by RESERVATION ONLY. Walk-Ins will not be admitted.
- General Public & Military Visitors Only: You are required to create an account naming ALL visiting family members (including Children 2 & Under), in our reservations system or contact the zoo at (315) 435-8511. Please note: We cannot process phone reservations, or email requests, made less than 48 hours in advance. Online reservations may be made at anytime.
- Members Only: Click here for more information. The information on this page is for non-members only, do not call the phone number listed here or place an online reservation.
AdmissionAdults (18-61) - $9.00
Youth (3-17) - $5.00
Children 2 & Under - Free
Seniors (62+) - $5.00
U.S. Military & Veterans - Free - Click here for more information
- Tickets purchased are for a specific date & time and are NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-TRANSFERABLE. Please check the date & time you are reserving before you pay. We can not change the date or time once your ticket has been purchased nor can we refund you if you choose the wrong date/time or change your mind. The zoo is open rain or shine or snow, rainchecks and/or refunds will not be given for inclement weather.
- Zoo Hours - 10:00am - 4:30pm, daily.
- In keeping with social distance guidelines, capacity is limited to 750 visitors per day. To spread entry throughout the day we will be admitting 75 people every half-hour beginning at 10:00am, with the last reservation available at 2:30pm. You have a half-hour window to arrive, ie. if your reservation is at 2:30pm you will have until 3:00pm, SHARP, to be admitted. Plan your route ahead of time and be sure to allow extra time for any delays. We are not responsible for traffic, accidents, road construction, bad directions, kids crying in the back seat, etc. on your way to the zoo. Late arrivals will not be admitted and will not be refunded. Once admitted you will be able to enjoy the zoo at your leisure.
- We are currently taking reservations through Sunday, December 6, 2020. Please note: The zoo is closed on Thanksgiving.
- Coupons, discounts, Explore Outdoors Passes and any other special passes will not be accepted at this time. In addition, we are not offering group discounts.
- Please try to keep your group to your immediate family. Non-family group visits and/or field trips are strongly discouraged.
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times, masks will be provided if needed. Children 2 & under do not need to wear a mask.
- Only the outdoor exhibit areas and the Social Animals building are currently open. Be prepared for the weather, the zoo is open rain or shine. Click here for more information on what is currently open, what is off limits to visitors and additional general information.
- The zoo has implemented a new one-way touring route for visitors to follow in order to see all open exhibits while maintaining at least 6 feet of space between parties. Once you finish the route you will be asked to exit. Click here to download the map. Subject to change.
- Restrooms will be available.
Create New Account
- Click here to go to the Parks Reservations Page
- Step 1 - Sign In then Create Account (if you have reserved a shelter, lodge or youth group camping cabin at our parks then you may already have an account, however you will likely need to add family members.)
- Step 2 - Create Your Family Profile.
- Step 3 - Add ALL visiting Family Members, including Children 2 & Under - The birth date is needed to determine the age category/admission price but NOT grade or school. You must add the names of ALL family members who will be visiting with you. You can add as many family members as you want
- Once all Family Members have been added you are ready to begin your reservation.
Making a Reservation
- Step 1 - Click on Rosamond Gifford Zoo on the black bar (on a mobile device you will see 3 white lines, click on those and choose Rosamond Gifford Zoo from the drop down menu.)
- Step 2 - Click Search
- Step 3 - Choose the age category AND time you want to visit and click Register Drop In. Scroll down the entire page to see Adult, Senior, Children 2 & Under or Youth (ages 3-17) times. All age groups are listed for all ten time slots. First time slot of the day is at 10:00am and the last time slot is 2:30pm.
(Military - Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, you will see Military time slots, all ages are the same, once you find the correct time slot click Register Drop In. Be sure to check all the names from the list, who are visiting. Then proceed to Step 5.)
- Step 4 - Choose Participants - You can only pick the person(s) that are in the age group you selected.
- You will only be able to choose participants in the first age category you selected at this point, once you complete Step 5, you can go back to Step 1 and add members of your group in another age category
- If you are trying to reserve for a person and you see "age restrictions apply" next to their name, it means you picked the wrong age category on the previous screen, you need to go back to the previous page and pick the correct age category for that person. You may have to scroll down the page to find the correct age category AND time you want to visit. All ages are able to visit!
- Check all that apply and click Next.
- Step 5 - Choose Date (Open = How many spots in a time slot are available) then click Next. If you have more than one person from the same age category, you will need to click Next for each person. Once you have selected all the family members in the first, or only, age category click Add to Cart. If you need to add Youth, Children 2 & under or Seniors, continue to Step 6.
- If you will not be adding any additional family members click Checkout. (Military - Click Checkout for your receipt, you will not be charged. Print your receipt or be prepared to show on your mobile device. In addition, you will need to show your military ID at the Zoo entrance.)
- Step 6 - Adding Youth, Children 2 & under or Seniors - Go back to Step 1 and continue to Step 5 until you see your whole family in your cart then click Checkout. You can only add one age category at a time, you will need to go back to Step 1 each time you need to add a new age category. Remember you will need to scroll down to past Adult to find Senior, Children 2 & under and Youth, they are all listed, we promise.
- Step 7 - Make sure you have the correct family members in your cart and you picked the correct date & time. Please double check that you have the date & time you want to visit. Once you purchase your tickets they are NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Step 1 - Put in your Credit Card and Billing Information then click Authorize Payment
- Step 2 - Your receipt will be sent to the email address associated with your account and/or you can view from the final screen
- All of the people who are visiting with you must be named on your receipt, including Children 2 & under. If they, or anyone else, are not listed on your receipt, please create a new reservation with the missing people, even if it's only for a free child.
YOU WILL NEED TO SHOW YOUR RECEIPT WHEN YOU GET TO THE ZOO, you may print your receipt or be prepared to show on your mobile device at the entrance. Your receipt is emailed to you upon paying. If you don't receive your receipt, your email address might be incorrect. Check your account or call the zoo immediately.
- Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. We can not change the date or time once your ticket has been purchased nor can we refund you if you purchased the wrong date/time, change your mind for any reason or arrive late on the date of your visit. The zoo is open rain or shine or snow, rainchecks and/or refunds will not be given for inclement weather.
All adult visitors may be required to show ID. Military will need to show a form of military ID.
Click here to visit the Rosamond Gifford Zoo website.
QUESTIONS? Contact the zoo at (315) 435-8511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of calls, you may need to leave a voicemail, your call will be returned in the order it was received. Please note: We may not be able to process phone reservations, or email requests, made less than 48 hours in advance. Online reservations may be made at anytime.
Members Only - Click here for more information.
During your visit to Onondaga County Parks, you may be photographed, videotaped, or filmed by Onondaga County Parks or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by Onondaga County Parks. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission of Onondaga County Parks.