Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information
- UNVACCINATED?? WEAR A MASK - many of our parks are much busier than usual making social distancing on trails next to impossible. This is especially true at Beaver Lake Nature Center, where the trails are narrow in spots.
- When fully vaccinated, the CDC says you can participate in outdoor activities without wearing a mask except in certain crowded settings and venues. Click here for more information.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE - do your part, stay 6 feet apart...especially if you are passing someone from behind, they can't see you so it's your job to see them!
Now Open or Opening Soon:
- County Park Buildings are now open as follows:
- Please note, masks are required for all, regardless of vaccination status, when in a public space inside.
Beaver Lake Nature Center
Visitor Center - 9:00am - 4:00pm, daily
Carpenter's Brook Fish Hatchery
8:00am - 4:00pm, daily
Skyline Lodge - 10:00am - 3:00pm, Tuesday-Sunday
Oneida Shores Park
Beach Changing Rooms - 11:00 - 6:00pm (when beach is open)
Campground Office - 10:00am - 2:00pm, Thursday - Monday
Onondaga Lake Park
Visitor Center - 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday-Friday; 10:00am - 4:30pm, Saturday & Sunday
Salt Museum - 8:30am - 4:00pm, Monday-Friday
Marina Harbormaster - 10:00am - 6:00pm, daily
- All playgrounds are now open.
- All restrooms are open.
- All parking lots are open.
- All outdoor shelters are now at normal capacity and lodges are at 100 guests maximum. Click here for more information.
- The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is open and reservations are no longer required. Visitors may purchase tickets on-site at the ticket booth OR save time and buy a E-Ticket online. Click here for more information.
AND please note the following closings/cancellations/policies are in effect UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- Parks grounds are open but if you are unvaccinated please make sure to stay at least 6 feet away from other people/groups and wear a mask when unable to social distance.
- The Onondaga Lake Park Tram will not be operating this year.
- Jamesville Beach will not be open for swimming this year.
- Kayak rentals will not be available at either Jamesville Beach Park or Oneida Shores Park this summer.
- The Take a Book-Leave a Book Program has been suspended. Book houses and/or books may have been removed.
- Highland Forest Youth Group Camping cabins & sites are closed. New reservations are not being accepted until further notice.
- Please avoid gatherings of any size at the cemeteries.
- Click here for additional information from the County Executive's office & the Health Department.
Please check this page often. As the situation evolves, this information and the dates could change. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
During your visit to Onondaga County Parks, you may be photographed, videotaped, or filmed by Onondaga County Parks or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by Onondaga County Parks. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission of Onondaga County Parks.