Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information
- WEAR A MASK - many of our parks are much busier than usual making social distancing on trails next to impossible. This is especially true at Beaver Lake Nature Center, where the trails are narrow in spots.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE - do your part, stay 6 feet apart...especially if you are passing someone from behind, they can't see you so it's your job to see them!
- AVOID CROWDS - see the first two bullets if you need further explanation:)
Now Open or Opening Soon:
- All shelter AND lodge capacities remain at 50 guests, until further notice. Click here for more information.
- Highland Forest Cross Country Ski Season Passes and Annual Park Passes are now available to purchase online. Click here for more information.
- Sleigh/Hay Rides at Highland Forest are offered weekends through March 14. Reservations are required. Click here for more information.
- Playgrounds at Oneida Shores and Willow Bay are now open.
- Wegmans Good Dog Park is now open, with a 25 person capacity limit.
- Beaver Lake Nature Center is holding a limited capacity programs. Click here to view the calendar.
- Onondaga Lake Skatepark is now open, weather permitting, with a 25 person capacity limit.
- Onondaga Lake Park's Wegmans Playground is now open.
- Oneida Shores Campground is now accepting new reservations. Click here for more information.
- The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is open, with restrictions. Capacity is limited to 750 people per day. Advance reservations are required for ALL visitors. Click here for more information.
- All of the Onondaga Lake Park parking lots are now open.
- Applications for UAS (Drone) Permits are now being accepted, conditions do apply. Click here for more information.
- Dogs may now be off leash at the Jamesville Beach Park Off-Leash Area. Regular rules are in effect.
AND please note the following closings/cancellations/policies are in effect UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- Winter rentals at Highland Forest & Beaver Lake (ski, snowshoe, etc) will not be available this year.
- Parks grounds are open for passive use but make sure to stay at least 6 feet away from other people/groups and wear a mask when unable to social distance. Please note: Buildings are closed.
- In an effort to maintain responsible social distancing, and due to the large numbers of visitors, park police are monitoring all of our parking lots, this includes Beaver Lake Nature Center. When the lots are approximately 1/3 full, they may be closed to additional cars. We ask that visitors not park along the road or on side streets or in nearby parking lots.
- Playgrounds at Jamesville Beach and Carpenter's Brook Fish Hatchery are closed.
- All County Park buildings are closed.
- The Take a Book-Leave a Book Program has been suspended. Book houses and/or books have been removed. Please do not put new books in any of the houses.
- Highland Forest Youth Group Camping cabins & sites are closed. New reservations are not being accepted until further notice.
- Permits to the general public for activities such as metal detecting are not available at this time.
- Please avoid gatherings of any size at the cemeteries
-For Shelter, Camp Brockway, Highland Forest Skyline Lodge & Youth Group Camping reservations, contact the Reservations Department at email@example.com or (315) 451-6249.
-For Arrowhead Lodge & Oneida Shores Camping, contact Oneida Shores at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 676-7366.
-For all other refunds, please contact the park where your event is scheduled.
- Click here for additional information from the County Executive's office & the Health Department.
Please check this page often. As the situation evolves, this information and the dates could change. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
During your visit to Onondaga County Parks, you may be photographed, videotaped, or filmed by Onondaga County Parks or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by Onondaga County Parks. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission of Onondaga County Parks.