Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information
- WEAR A MASK - many of our parks are much busier than usual making social distancing on trails next to impossible. This is especially true at Beaver Lake Nature Center, where the trails are narrow in spots.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE - do your part, stay 6 feet apart...especially if you are passing someone from behind, they can't see you so it's your job to see them!
- AVOID CROWDS - see the first two bullets if you need further explanation:)
Now Open or Opening Soon:
- Wegmans Good Dog Park is now open, with a 25 person capacity limit.
- Beaver Lake Nature Center announced a number of limited capacity summer programs, including kayak/canoe tours. Click here to view the calendar.
- Onondaga Lake Skatepark is now open, with a 25 person capacity limit.
- Onondaga Lake Park's Wegmans Playground is now open.
- Oneida Shores Campground is now accepting reservations for dates beginning Friday, June 26. Click here for more information.
- The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is open, with restrictions. Capacity is limited to 750 people per day. Reservations are required for ALL visitors. Click here for more information.
- All of the Onondaga Lake Park parking lots are now open.
- Applications for UAS (Drone) Permits are now being accepted. Click here for more information.
- Boat launches at Onondaga Lake Park & Oneida Shores, as well as the Onondaga Lake Park Marina, are now open. Regular rates apply.
- Season Boat Launch & Beach Passes are now available to purchase. Click here to download an application.
- Dogs may now be off leash at the Jamesville Beach Park Off-Leash Area. Regular rules are in effect.
- Regular admission rates apply at Beaver Lake Nature Center. Visitor Center is closed and rentals are not available.
- Restrooms are OPEN in the following locations, please wear a mask if unable to social distance:
Beaver Lake Nature Center
Carpenter's Brook Fish Hatchery
Highland Forest - Community Shelter only
Oneida Shores Park - Beach & Boat Launch only
Onondaga Lake Park - Griffin Visitor Center, Willow Bay, Hiawatha Point & Wegmans Good Dog Park only
Pratt's Falls Park
AND please note the following closings/cancellations/policies are in effect UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- Jamesville Beach is not open for swimming.
- Camp Beaver Lake has been cancelled
- Parks grounds are open for passive use but make sure to stay at least 6 feet away from other people/groups. Please note: Buildings are closed.
- Do not touch surfaces that are touched often, such as benches, picnic tables, etc. Our staff has turned over benches and picnic tables to prevent this, do not turn them upright.
- In an effort to maintain responsible social distancing, and due to the large numbers of visitors, park police are monitoring all of our parking lots, this includes Beaver Lake Nature Center. When the lots are approximately 1/3 full, they will be closed to additional cars. We ask that visitors not park along the road or on side streets or in nearby parking lots.
- All County Park playgrounds, except Wegmans Playground at Onondaga Lake Park, are closed
- All County Park recreational programs and events are cancelled, except for Beaver Lake Nature Center
- All County Park buildings are closed
- Grilling (cookouts) in any park is not permitted at this time.
- Private Canoeing/Kayaking is prohibited at Beaver Lake Nature Center
- Onondaga Lake Bike Rental Shop is closed
- Hopkins Road Park is closed and spring leagues are postponed
- Rosamond Gifford Zoo Summer Camp has been cancelled
- Highland Forest Youth Group Camping cabins & sites are closed
- Permits to the general public for activities such as metal detecting will not be issued
- Please avoid gatherings of any size at the cemeteries
- We are not accepting NEW facility rental reservations (shelters, lodges or youth group camping) until further notice.
-For Shelter, Camp Brockway, Highland Forest Skyline Lodge & Youth Group Camping reservations, contact the Reservations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 451-6249.
-For Arrowhead Lodge & Oneida Shores Camping, contact Oneida Shores at email@example.com or (315) 676-7366.
-For all other refunds, please contact the park where your event is scheduled.
- Click here for additional information from the County Executive's office & the Health Department.
Anyone over 70 years old or with a compromised immune system should not visit public spaces, including those outdoors. These residents should remain indoors or spend time in their own backyard or other personal outdoor space.
Please check this page often. As the situation evolves, this information and the dates could change. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
During your visit to Onondaga County Parks, you may be photographed, videotaped, or filmed by Onondaga County Parks or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by Onondaga County Parks. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission of Onondaga County Parks.