Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information
- WEAR A MASK - many of our parks are much busier than usual making social distancing on trails next to impossible. This is especially true at Beaver Lake Nature Center, where the trails are narrow in spots.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE - do your part, stay 6 feet apart...especially if you are passing someone from behind, they can't see you so it's your job to see them!
- AVOID CROWDS - see the first two bullets if you need further explanation:)
Now Open or Opening Soon:
- Limited public picnic tables and grill use at all parks.
- Playgrounds at Oneida Shores and Willow Bay are now open.
- Jamesville Beach Disc Golf Course is open but users must bring their own discs. Discs/golf cards are not available. Click here for more information.
- NEW shelter and lodge reservations are now available. IMPORTANT: Capacity at ALL facilities will be limited to 50 guests maximum until further notice. Click here for more information.
- Cuse Cycle Rental Shop at Onondaga Lake Park is now open. Bike reservations are required. Click here for more information.
- Skä·noñh-Great Law of Peace Center is now open Wednesday-Sunday.
- Wegmans Good Dog Park is now open, with a 25 person capacity limit.
- Beaver Lake Nature Center is holding a limited capacity programs. Click here to view the calendar.
- Onondaga Lake Skatepark is now open, with a 25 person capacity limit.
- Onondaga Lake Park's Wegmans Playground is now open.
- Oneida Shores Campground is now accepting new reservations. Click here for more information.
- The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is open, with restrictions. Capacity is limited to 750 people per day. Advance reservations are required for ALL visitors. Click here for more information.
- All of the Onondaga Lake Park parking lots are now open.
- Applications for UAS (Drone) Permits are now being accepted, conditions do apply. Click here for more information.
- Boat launches at Onondaga Lake Park & Oneida Shores, as well as the Onondaga Lake Park Marina, are now open. Regular rates apply.
- Dogs may now be off leash at the Jamesville Beach Park Off-Leash Area. Regular rules are in effect.
- Restrooms are OPEN in the following locations, please wear a mask if unable to social distance:
Beaver Lake Nature Center
Carpenter's Brook Fish Hatchery
Highland Forest - Community Shelter only
Oneida Shores Park - Beach & Boat Launch only
Onondaga Lake Park - Griffin Visitor Center, Willow Bay, Hiawatha Point & Wegmans Good Dog Park only
Pratt's Falls Park
AND please note the following closings/cancellations/policies are in effect UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- Golden Harvest Festival & Enchanted Beaver Lake at Beaver Lake Nature Center and Honeywell Sportsmen's Days at Carpenters Brook Fish Hatchery have been cancelled. Click here for more event information.
- Parks grounds are open for passive use but make sure to stay at least 6 feet away from other people/groups. Please note: Buildings are closed.
- In an effort to maintain responsible social distancing, and due to the large numbers of visitors, park police are monitoring all of our parking lots, this includes Beaver Lake Nature Center. When the lots are approximately 1/3 full, they will be closed to additional cars. We ask that visitors not park along the road or on side streets or in nearby parking lots.
- Playgrounds at Jamesville Beach and Carpenter's Brook Fish Hatchery are closed.
- All County Park buildings are closed
- The Take a Book-Leave a Book Program has been suspended. Book houses and/or books have been removed. Please do not put new books in any of the houses.
- Highland Forest Youth Group Camping cabins & sites are closed. New reservations are not being accepted until further notice.
- Permits to the general public for activities such as metal detecting are not available at this time.
- Please avoid gatherings of any size at the cemeteries
-For Shelter, Camp Brockway, Highland Forest Skyline Lodge & Youth Group Camping reservations, contact the Reservations Department at email@example.com or (315) 451-6249.
-For Arrowhead Lodge & Oneida Shores Camping, contact Oneida Shores at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 676-7366.
-For all other refunds, please contact the park where your event is scheduled.
- Click here for additional information from the County Executive's office & the Health Department.
Anyone over 70 years old or with a compromised immune system should not visit public spaces, including those outdoors. These residents should remain indoors or spend time in their own backyard or other personal outdoor space.
Please check this page often. As the situation evolves, this information and the dates could change. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
During your visit to Onondaga County Parks, you may be photographed, videotaped, or filmed by Onondaga County Parks or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by Onondaga County Parks. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission of Onondaga County Parks.