Are you a business that caters to the canine crowd (and their parents)?
Get your name out at Syracuse's #1 dog-friendly recreation spot. Advertising opportunities are available. Click here for more information.
The first of its kind in Central New York, Wegmans Good Dog Park is located in the Cold Springs section of Onondaga Lake Park and is open from sunrise to sunset, seven days a week year-round.
Allowed to exercise without leashes in an area devoted just to pets, dogs are 'barking up a storm' about this 40,000 sq. ft. fenced-in area includes an exercise area with tunnels, jumps and bridges, and of course - red fire hydrants. There is plenty of seating on the commemorative benches located both inside and outside of the fence, drinking water and several waste clean-up stations. A double gated dog entrance keeps dogs inside the enclosure from running out each time another dog enters. Small dogs have the choice of mixing with the big dogs or can play in a separate area for dogs under 25 lbs.
For the safety of everyone, park rules and dog etiquette guidelines have been established by Onondaga County Parks and are strictly enforced. Pets must be under control at all times and owners must be able to show proof of proper vaccinations. The rules that apply to Wegmans Good Dog Park are clearly posted at the entrance to the enclosure.
The project was completely funded through corporate sponsors and individual donations. Wegmans as the presenting sponsor, covered the 'dog's share' of the project. The balance was generated through the sale of commemorative benches, as well as the generosity of area businesses and individuals.
Good Dog Park Rules
- Please keep your dog on-leash when entering and leaving the dog park and always keep your leash with you.
- Your dog must have a valid license and have a current rabies shot. Dogs should have their metal ID tag with a validated identification number attached to their collar. Click here for more information. Owners without proof of rabies vaccine or license will be asked to leave the dog park.
- Your dog may not be in heat, sick, have parasites or be younger than four months old.
- No food allowed inside. This includes dog food and treats.
- You must remain in the park with your dog.
- Dogs must be under voice control at all times.
- If your dog becomes aggressive, unruly or plays rough, please leash your dog and leave immediately.
- Always clean-up after your dog. Dog mitts and dog waste containers are available and should always be used.
- Please be sure to close both entrance gates upon entering and leaving the dog park area.
- Please Supervise Your Kids! Children are not allowed on the play equipment. Keep all children within arm's length.
- Because young children are very susceptible to dog bites... We strongly recommend that children under 10 years of age do not enter the Dog Park.
During your visit to Onondaga County Parks, you may be photographed, videotaped, or filmed by Onondaga County Parks or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by Onondaga County Parks. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission of Onondaga County Parks.