Beaver Lake Nature Center » Enchanted Beaver Lake
Enchanted Beaver Lake
Friday, October 26 has SOLD OUT!
PLEASE READ: We are expecting a capacity crowd for this event, if you have not purchased a parking pass and we sell out you will not be admitted. If we do sell out on any night, we will post it on Facebook. Please click here to go to our Facebook page (you do not need to have a Facebook account to view page) or call 638-2519.
Thursday, October 25 - Sunday, October 28 • 6:00 - 8:30pm
Over 500 specially carved jack-o-lanterns of different shapes and sizes plus 500 glowing luminaria light the way along two winding, wooded trails greeting participants as they venture through the darkness at the award-winning, Enchanted Beaver Lake. Face painting, fortune telling, magic shows, and storytelling are all a part of this magical experience, one that is truly unique to Central New York. The Friends of Beaver Lake will be selling hotdogs, donuts, caramel apples, popcorn and cider. (Please note: Cash only is accepted for refreshments.)
Beaver Lake Nature Center, 8477 East Mud Lake Road, Baldwinsville, NY 13027. Click here for directions.
As an alternate route, we recommend you enter the event from the north...From Syracuse: Take Route 690W (changes to 690N at the Thruway) to the traffic light. Left onto Church Rd. then left onto East Mud Lake Rd.
Admission: $3; under 3 free. (Cash only is accepted.)
- The Nature Center will close at 3:30 pm each day of the event. The field parking lot will re-open for Enchanted Beaver Lake at 5:30 pm and admission booths will open at 6 pm.
Parking: $5 per vehicle
- Due to the overwhelming popularity of this event, and limited parking, advance parking passes are now available to purchase at Beaver Lake and Onondaga Lake Park Griffin Visitor Center (next to Wegmans Playground) in Liverpool, 453-6712.
- Tickets go on sale September 8 and are available for sale during visitor center hours. If you are purchasing a ticket the same day as the event, sales end at 3:30 pm (while supplies last.)
- We strongly recommend purchasing the advance sale parking tickets. If the event sells out and you get to the entrance without a parking pass, you will be turned away!
- Parking is allowed in the parking lot ONLY.
- Please note: There are no refunds or exchanges on parking tickets.
In the Assembly (inside the Visitor Center)
6:15pm - Storytelling
At the Gazebo
6:15pm - Magical John
Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest:
Carve a creative, original pumpkin and win $200! Free to enter.
Contest Rules & Information:
Sponsored by A. Gregory Sohrweide, D.D.S.
1st Place - $200
Please call 638-2519 if you're interested in helping to carve pumpkins or if you would like to donate a jack-o-lantern.
During your visit to Onondaga County Parks, you may be photographed, videotaped, or filmed by Onondaga County Parks or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by Onondaga County Parks. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission of Onondaga County Parks.